I love to have pretty things in my work space and I get so much joy out of making them myself, as long as its easy to do and doesn’t look tacky. Have seen some of these arrows in amongst my instagram feed and thought to myself that I would love to try making one. So last night I had some free time and thought I should give it a go. Turns out they are the most simple thing to make and it takes only 5 minutes tops!
Below is a step by step guide on how to make them, but first you will need:
1 x Skewers
1 x Scissors
1 x Glitter washi tape
1 x Glue
STEP 2: WASHI TAPE STRIPS.
1. First start off by choosing how large you want your arrow head to be. Measure the wash tape over the pointed end of the skewer to get an idea of how wide you want it to be. I just use a rough idea of how large I want mine to debut I put it against a ruler just to give an indication of the size of the one I made.
2. NB: Make sure you add an extra 1 cm to the desired length.
3. Then: Cut 4 strips of the wash tape.
STEP 3: MAKE THE ARROW HEAD.
1. Once you have the 4 strips of washi tape, using the glue, stick them together at the pointed end of the skewer making sure that they overlap slightly.
2. The cut the pointed tip of the skewer off.
STEP 4: MAKE THE FEATHERS.
As above, measure out similar sized wash tape strips and stick them together using glue. These go on the opposite end of the skewer.
STEP 5: SHAPE IT.
Now its time to cut the arrow and feathers into the right shape. When making the feathers you will need to create gaps between each.
And thats really how easy it is!